3.1
Additional Fees

Update by user Jan 24

Problem was resolved, I was contacted by exchange manager Melissa Laskowski who was very helpful. Melissa arranged for pickup of the damaged TV and issued credit for my purchase. Hopefull AAFES will train all of their customer service representatives who answer the phone on how to handle returns, issue return authorization, arrange for pickup, and issue credits for damaged merchandise.

Original review posted by user Dec 25, 2017

Signed up for the AAFES Exchange online service being extended to veterans. Placed my 1st order for a 55" TV for our family's Christmas Gift.

Received the TV on 12/16/17 via FedEx. The box appeared to be in good condition. After opening the box found the styrofoam packaging that should be supporting and protecting TV all broken up and busted, TV flopping around loosely inside box. Hoping for the best I removed TV from box and found the screen with spider web cracks starting at top of screen and traveling downward and sideways.

I'm of the opinion this TV was not damaged in shipping, but was already damaged prior to leaving the AAFES facility. I feel that the TV had been previously returned and was placed back in inventory. Probably returned by a customer marking it as unwanted, or changed my mind because they knew how difficult it would be to return as damaged merchandise Contacted AAFES Exchange customer service at 800-527-2345. Explained damage to customer service rep.

and that I'd be returning TV via FedEx. she wasn't sure how to handle damaged merchandise and placed me on hold for about 10 minutes while she checked. When she finally came back she told me "do not return damaged TV" she said someone would be contacting me about how to handle. Didn't hear from anyone so the next day contacted AAFES Exchange again and did an online chat with yet another service representative and was told someone from something called the escalations department would be contacting me between 7-14 days with instructions.

So here it is Christmas day and I've got my family's unusable, broken, Christmas gift in a box taking up space in our house. How hard can it be for AAFES Exchange customer service to contact me, issue return authorization, arrange FedEx return shipping, and issue credit to my credit card for the purchase of damaged merchandise? Why does this have to go to something called an escalation department that the customer can't contact? If this were Amazon the problem would be resolve within minutes after notifying their customer service.

I'll think twice before ordering anything from the AAFES Exchange again.

Meantime I'm still waiting to be contacted by the AAFES escalation department. See Photos I've attached

I liked: Quick shipping, No taxes.

I didn't like: Damaged product, Poor customer service concerning returning damaged merchandise.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 25, 2017.

Comments

This has been resolved. I was contacted by a customer service manager who arranged for return and issed credit for my purchase.

This problem has been resolved. I was contacted by Exchange manager Melissa Laskowski who was very helpful.

Melissa arranged for pickup of the damaged TV and has had credit issed to my card for the purchase. My faith has been restored in AAFES, knowing that they have some competent managers in their organization who care about the customers.

Hopefully in the future AAFES can train their customer service representatives that answer the phone how to handle damaged merchandise return request in order to minimize the inconvenience of their customers.

I have an order with a similar experience I am still trying to work out. Some of the problem was due to the delivery and some a possibility.

Some of the damage appeared to be most likely already done before packaging due to the fact much of the protective packaging should have prevented where these are located and seemed to be perfectly in tact and only damaged underneath. Looks suspicious regardless of how many pennies some people want to count.

to Angela Renee #1416988

Angela ... can you please private message us with your details, order number and contact information.

I can have senior management reach back out to you. Thank you.

facebook.com/ShopMyExchange

"I'm of the opinion this TV was not damaged in shipping, but was already damaged prior to leaving the AAFES facility."

That's all it is - an opinion.

That and a quarter will buy you 25 pennies.

As a materials procurement coordinator for nearly 40 years, I have yet to see something broken pass inspection and leave a factory damaged.

to William #1411862

William, You are correct, it's just my opinion as to where the damage occurred. It could have happened anywhere between the manufacturer, warehouses, AFFES storage facilities, and FedEx delivery to my home.

Do you think it's possible that the TV could have been mishandled by AAFES and not handled by the manufacturer's instructions?

ie, INSTRUCTIONS ON THE BOX! Only store vertically, Never store flat, Do not strike the front, Never let fall over. Do not squeeze, and Only lift by edge

Unless these TV's are drop shipped by the manufacture to the end user then it's possible the damage occurred at the NewPort News Va, AAFES facility. TV could have dropped off a 3 to 5 level rack prior to loading on a FedEx truck.

As I said who knows. This box looked as if it had been opened and resealed.

TV may had been previously returned and placed back into stock, again, my opinion, who knows?

The main reason for my post is to express my dissatisfaction with the lack of customer service. After repeated attempts I can't get anyone from AAFES customer service to help me in getting a return authorization to return the damaged TV and to issue credit to my credit card for the purchase.

Exchange2017

We are very sorry you have not had a good experience so far. Can you please private message us with your order number so we can assist you?

to Exchange2017 #1409661

The order no. is 3309390102 placed on 12/13/17. Would like to return the damaged TV and receive credit.

to Exchange2017 #1411865

Help me, I need to return the damaged TV set and have credit issued toy accout for the damaged merchandise. Please issue me a return authorization.

to Anonymous #1416989

Please private message us with your details, order number and contact information. I can have senior management reach back out to you. Thank you.

facebook.com/ShopMyExchange