3.3

On Dec 24, 2017, I ordered a Samsung 65" TV. This particular item is not available in the store.

I was provided an estimated delivery date of Jan 4. I checked the tracking number as the delivery date drew closer and noticed the status changed to indicate the item was damaged. Now perhaps it was wrong on my part to make the assumption that the damaged item would simply be returned and a new one sent, but obviously that's not what happened. I checked with customer service who referred me to the escalation line.

The gentleman there was very helpful but explained that I needed to place a new order. This was on January 8th. Immediately after getting off the phone with him, I ordered the replacement. The next day I received my tracking number with an estimated delivery date of January 17th.

On the 16th I contacted AAFES customer service to inquire if they had any additional information for me, because this status had not changed on the tracking. It's still indicated the shipment had been dispatched but not even shipped yet. After speaking to the shipper who transferred me to their Sacramento location and then back to Dallas, I was informed that AAFES had not yet released the item to the shipper so it was not even fulfilled. I contacted AAFES customer service who told me that the shipper had failed to pick the item up from the Distribution Center.

While that is true, it's because AAFES had not even set the item there for the shippers to pick it up; it hadn't even been taken off the shelf to be shipped. AAFES then informed me that the communication between the Dallas fulfillment office and the Sacramento distribution office somehow failed. So in the course of a month, I have ordered two $900 TVs; one returned damaged and the second one that has yet to ship, 10 days after being ordered.

I have always enjoyed shopping The Exchange in person; this is my first experience with their online store. I'm frankly thinking I should have just gone to Costco and settled for something that I didn't want as much rather than dealing with this hassle.

Review about: Aafes Exchange Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

Oh wow, so I’m not the only one. I ordered mine on 1/21 and it hadn’t even been shipped till 1/29.

Still haven’t received it yet. It’s redicous that shipping from VA to CT takes longer than 3weeks

user35529618

And still..... waiting.

At least it has shipped... supposedly.

Exchange2017
#1419715

Can you please provide your contact information and order number by emailing us at TheExchange@aafes.com. We will assist you.