207 views

In June 2011, I purchased a pair of Double H women's cowboy boots from The Exchange Catalog. The boots did not fit comfortably so I needed to return them.

The boots arrived in a box WITHOUT any purchasing information, shipping documents, or return/exchange information. The only thing in the box were the boots. I researched return procedures on-line for Exchange Catalog purchases and it stated to return items to a local base Exchange or to the place of shipment. Since I was not near a base, I wrote a note explaining that the boots did not fit and to please credit my Military Star Card for the original purchase price ($152.00).

I even wrote down my card number and other personal information that would help identify me in the system since there was not purchasing documentation enclosed in the box. I assumed all was taken care of and refunded until I got my bill for August and saw that I did not receive credit for the item I sent back. I called customer service and they said they'd look in to it. Yesterday, I received an email from an AAFES employee stating that "the vendor cannot verify that the boots were returned so until you can prove that you sent them back we will not refund the money." I immediately emailed the representative a copy of the postal receipt (unfortunately, I did not have a tracking number or delivery confirmation...that is on me...I got it).

Still, the receipt shows that the item was returned to Georgia (the location the boots shipped from). The AAFES representative is now telling me that the vendor is telling her that they only ship from Pennsylvania. I DID NOT RECEIVE ANY ITEMS FROM THE EXCHANGE WITH A PENNSYLVANIA return address! I am so frustrated!

I'll take my lumps for not purchasing delivery confirmation. But I trusted AAFES/Exchange that they would get the boots back and credit my account.

I wanted to share my experience with others in case they have had a similar experience with The Exchange Catalog/AAFES. K.L.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aafes Exchange Customer Care.

Location: Ashtabula, Ohio